A. Poetry in print and competition results
- Shortlisted in the Cinnamon Press Debut Poetry Collection Competition 2016, adjudicated by Jan Fortune and Ian Gregson; ten of my poems showcased in the Cinnamon Press Anthology 2017.
Jan Fortune: “The quality of these finalists was so high that the decision was almost impossible. We finally wrestled five very fine submissions down to two …” “The shortlist was outstanding and the other excellent finalists – Sharon Larkin, Mick Evans & Vivienne Tregenza will be featured in an anthology …” Cinnamon Press Pamphlet Competition Results 2017
The following 10 poems in the Cinnamon Press anthology (October 2017):
View from the benthos
Shaggy ink caps
What passes between
Departure, 1st April
- Long-listed in Cinnamon Press Pamphlet Competition, May 2016 Cinnamon Press Pamphlet Competition Results 2016 adjudicated by Jan Fortune and Ian Gregson
- Medium-listed in Cinnamon Press Debut Poetry Collection Prize Competition, Cinnamon Press Debut Poetry Collection Competition adjudicated by Helen Ivory and Martin Figura.
- Inclusion of three poems Fishing, Shrink and Nightshade in Cinnamon Press May Day competition prizewinners’ anthology (ed Jan Fortune), October 2014 Cinnamon Press Debut Poetry Collection Prize 2014
- Long-listed in Cinnamon Press Debut Poetry Collection Prize Competition, November 2012
- Poem Bond included in The Poet’s Quest for God, published by Eyewear Publications, 1 July 2016, edited by Fr. Oliver Brennan and Todd Swift
- Poem View from the Benthos included in the Zoomorphic anthology Driftfish edited by Susan Richards and James Roberts, published in December 2016,
- Inclusion of a poem in the Algebra of Owls quarterly anthology, Number 3, March 2017, editor Paul Vaughan
- First Prize in Silhouette Press competition (judged by Adam Steiner), with publication of the poem Rain Circle in the Circles issue of Here Comes Everyone magazine, April 2014
- Poem Viola Odorata in Silhouette Press/Here Comes Everyone Disgust issue, June 2014
- Poem Sprung in the Transition edition of Here Comes Everyone/Silhouette Press, September 2016
- Poem Cutting Strings runner-up in the Mothers Milk Books competition 2013 (judge, Angela Topping) and inclusion in the anthology Parenting (ed Teika Bellamy), September 2014
- Poem Spots in Indigo Dreams Press Heart Shoots anthology (ed Ronnie Goodyer) in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, 2013
- Poem Pet Hate in Indigo Dreams Press Reach Magazine, No. 186 March 2014
- Poem Pet Circuit Training in Indigo Dreams Press Reach Magazine, No. No. 188 May 2014
- Poem Wood Pigeon in Obsessed with Pipework 73, February 2016
- Poem Girl on a Motorcycle, 1967 in Prole 23, August 2017, editor Brett Evans
- Poems Reaching for the Remote and Decisive Action in Prole 22, May 2017, editor Brett Evans
- Poem Travel Advisory in Prole 21, December 2016, editor Brett Evans
- Poem Trotter in Prole 18, December 2015, editor Brett Evans
- Poem Therianthrope in Clear Poetry anthology 2016, January 2017, edited by Ben Banyard
- Poem Mismatch in Clear Poetry anthology, December 2015, edited by Ban Banyard
- Two sonnets, Arachnophobe and Caught in a Web, in Poems on Spiders, part of the Maligned Species project, published by Fairacre Press, 5 February 2016. Edited by Nadia Kingsley.
- Poem Out in Poems on Stinging Nettles part of the Maligned Species project, published by Fairacre Press, 26 February 2016. Edited by Nadia Kingsley.
- Two poems, Losing Face and Other Body Parts and The Fallen Women of Cheltenham in Cheltenham 300 anthology published by Cheltenham Poetry Society with photographs by Sharon Larkin and Roger Turner, to commemorate 300 years of Cheltenham as a Spa Town.
- Holiday Job, Clearing Out, Blackthorn and Nightshade in Cheltenham Poetry Society anthology “Beyond the Well-Mapped Provinces”, cover design by Abi Ponton, April 2013. Anthology reviewed by South Magazine:
- Two poems, Home sick home and Skeins, in Cheltenham Poetry Society anthology Chance Encounters, May 2014
- Two poems, Green and Escape Velocity, in Museum of Light, jointly published by Poetry Factory and Creative Photographers in Cheltenham, Yew Tree Press, 2014, plus an exhibition in Cheltenham’s Garden Gallery in September 2014
- Poem Mother in the pamphlet Setdown, commemorating the Laurie Lee centenary, Yew Tree Press, September 2014.
- Poem The Spiel in anthology Dear World, poems on the environment and natural world, Foreward by Sir Andrew Motion, Frosted Fire Press, 2015
- Two poems Cactus Bowl and Taddington, January in Perspectives, the magazine of Cheltenham Arts Council, February – May 2015
- Poem First Class Anomaly – a prizewinner in the Gloucestershire Writers’ Network Competition in 2007, published in prizewinners’ anthology, with a reading at Cheltenham Literature Festival, October 2007.
- Poem Women’s Conference included on Radio Wildfire programme in 2008.
B. Poems published on-line and in e-zines
- Poem Demophobia published by Helen Ivory in Ink Sweat & Tears on 10 November 2016
- Poems Locust and Therianthrope published by Ben Banyard, with an audio recording on SoundCloud, at Clear Poetry 3 October 2016
- Poem Raptor in Algebra of Owls December 2016
- Poem Grave in Algebra of Owls January 2017
- Poem Lone Wolf 0n Amaryllis (February 2017)
- Poem 1024 – Homage to Incubus (May 2017)
- Poem Bandera on Visual Verse, September 2017.
Visual Verse: An Anthology of Art and Words
One image, one hour, 50-500 words.
The picture is the starting point …
- Poem Transhumance on the Poems and Pictures website at the Mary Evans Picture Library, London
Transhumance accompanying photograph of the Hafod estate, 1960s Cardiganshire, at The Mary Evans Picture Library, London
- Poem Akin to Déjà Vu accompanying a photograph (picture 10166522, unattributed photograph, early 1930s) on the Poems and Pictures website of the Mary Evans Picture Library,
- Poem A Barbaric Primer on Writers Against Prejudice 26 August 2016, edited by Marie Lightman
- Poem Snail on a Razor Blade on The Mouse 23 August 2016
- Poem Bread on Spilling Cocoa Over Martin Amis 18 July 2016
- Two poems Bastard Rough and South Quoining in The Poetry Orchard, at Ledbury Poetry Festival 2014 and performed Big at Apple Harvestime event in Much Marcle October 2014
- Two poems, Flesh 1, Flesh 2 at The Stare’s Nest e-zine, 12 November 2014, edited by Judi Sutherland
- Poem Pâté d’alouette at The Stare’s Nest e-zine, 17 December 2014, edited by Judi Sutherland
- Three poems, The Take Away, Silver Wedding and House Guest at Nutshells and Nuggets e-zine, 6 November 2014
- Poem Show on the Fit to Work – Poets against Atos website, 17 June 2013, edited by Daniel Sluman
- 3 poems Mismatch, Summer Evening Sounds, Shaggy Inkcaps in Clear Poetry, 17 December 2015, edited by Ben Banyard
- Poem Bond in Ground, 8 November 2015, edited by by Chris Sewings
- Poem Plan A in Ground, 14 February 2016, edited by by Chris Sewings
- Poem Fire-words, in Ground, 26 June 2016, edited by by Chris Sewings
- Poem Venit Vidit Fugit at Grievous Angel, 8 April 2016, edited by Charles Christian
- Four poems, Autumn colour, Winter fling, Thé avec Imogen et toi and Pareidolia, in Rat’s Ass Review, Love & Ensuing Madness collection, 20 May 2016.
- Poem Sunday Roast at I Am Not a Silent Poet, 22 September 2015, edited by Reuben Woolley
- Poem am pm at I Am Not a Silent Poet, 22 September 2015, edited by Reuben Woolley
- Poem Full Body Protection at I Am Not a Silent Poet, 22 September 2015, edited by Reuben Woolley
- Poem Protect and Survive at I Am Not a Silent Poet, 23 June 2015, edited by Reuben Woolley
- Poem Going to Market at Your One Phone Call, 2 October 2015
- Poem Bacon for the Olfactorily Challenged at Your One Phone Call, 16 October 2015
- Poem The Jelly Room at Your One Phone Call, 30 October 2015
- Poem Mr Gantt Describes the Mission at Your One Phone Call, 13 November 2015
- Poem Bread at Your One Phone Call, 28 November 2015
- Poem We Treat Animals Better at Writers for Calais Refugees, 23 October 2015, edited by Marie Lightman
- Two poems First Ride and Stil in Pod, Issue 3, at The Fat Damsel, 2015, founder and overall editor Jane Burn
- Poem Still also included in Take Ten, Issue 4, at The Fat Damsel, 2015, founder and overall editor Jane Burn
- Poem Shrink in The Fat Damsel, Issue 1, Part 2, 2015, founder and overall editor Jane Burn
- Two poems After the Management Course and First Big Project, in Take 10, Issue 3, at The Fat Damsel, founder and overall editor Jane Burn
- Poem Cold in the Take 10, Issue 3, at The Fat Damsel. 6 November 2015, founder and overall editor Jane Burn
Photo: Jane Burn
- Poem Lenses Lose Their Rose Tint in Jolly Pod at The Fat Damsel, late October 2015, founder and overall editor Jane Burn
- Poem Shedding in Pod 6 at The Fat Damsel, 21 January 2016, founder and overall editor Jane Burn
C. Prose in print
- Review of “A Life of Guto’r Glyn” by E A Rees, y Lolfa, 9780862439712 in Iota Magazine No 87 pp 109,110, Spring 2010, review commissioned/edited by Kate North
- Article (as Chair of Cheltenham Poetry Society) Poetry – Obsolete or Important you decide in Perspectives magazine, Cheltenham Arts Council, March-May 2013.
- A ten question interview with the artist; Sharon Larkin – at Your One Phone Call (27 March 2016).
- Meet the New Chair of a Cheltenham Arts Council, article in Cheltenham Arts Council Perspectives magazine October 2016 – February 2017
Winston Plowes in Write out Loud, 1 August 2011, featured Sharon Larkin as the 100th member of Write out Loud, quoting her thus: “I am an unrepentant bridge-builder. What most WOL members must surely share is a love of poetry and conviction of its communicative power – whether the audience reads it or hears it read (or recited, or sung, or chanted, or rapped …) We are fortunate in having a strong poetry fraternity locally and I try to get involved in as many groups as possible, intent on breaking down walls that keep poets in ghettos. Whether performance or page, rhyming or not, lyric or rant, cerebral or from the gut, rooted in history or born of the here and now – good poetry is good poetry.” 100th member, Write Out Loud